« Previous Next »
6 of 439 photos

Cavendish Dock: In terms of area, Cavendish Dock - used initially as a timber dock - was the largest of Barrow's docks. In the early part of the 20th century a huge hangar was built there for developing construction and maintenance of airships which could be seen tethered to buoys on the dock itself. Unfortunately in 1911 a sudden crosswind hit Airship No.1 as it emerged from the hanger and it broke up. Now effectively a wildlife haven and coarse fishery it provides the foreground for this February 2014 image of 7X23, the 0932 Sellafield - Barrow Marine Terminal flask train slowly moving along the Barrow Docks branch top and tailed by 37405 & 37608.
No EXIF information is available

Categories & Keywords
Category:
Subcategory:
Subcategory Detail:
Keywords: